You can purchase this model here.

The church was built as a chapel in 1863 by Theodor Falkenhayn, who made all the necessary plans and provided his own land and material for building the church. Citizens of Těškovice built the church themselves. The building was finished three years later, in 1866. The name “Assumption of Virgin Mary” comes from the original painting above the altar.

It was just a simple Neo-gothic chapel then. It was 17,5 meters long, 9,5 meters wide and 13 meters high. There was a wooden belfry with just a small bell, made in 1814 in Opava and weighing 20 kilograms.

In 1888, the marble cross was built – the reason was probably to protect the area after an extreme hailstorm, which hit the whole country in August 1888.

At the beginning of 20th century, the chapel was re-built, because the local church needed a new rectory. Before, the closest rectory was six kilometers away and the vicar had to walk all the distance, which was very uncomfortable, especially in the winter. Money for building the new church was collected by local citizens and also by the Duchess of Kyjovice, Berta Stolbergová. In 1902, the new rectory was built.

In 1903, a new vestry was built on the southern side of the chapel and four years later, a small entrance hall was built as well. On 28 November, 1909, the chapel of Těškovice was promoted to a parish church by Olomouc archbishopric. The church has been the seat of a local priest since 1910.

However, soon the church was too small for all the village´s inhabitants and it needed more space. There were several options to solve the problem, but none of them was sufficient enough. In 1913, the government decided to demolish the chapel and build a new church instead. However, the First World War started in 1914 and the plans were forgotten. The following years were not optimistic either – WW 2 and following communism regime did not support any suggestions concerning renewing the church.

In 1974, the government finally allowed re-building the church and a new tower was built.

In 2008, the roof was repaired and in 2010, the façade was painted white. Also, a new clock was installed.




Virgin Mary Assumption Church
Virgin Mary Assumption Church 01
Virgin Mary Assumption Church
Virgin Mary Assumption Church 02
Virgin Mary Assumption Church
Virgin Mary Assumption Church 03
Virgin Mary Assumption Church
Virgin Mary Assumption Church 04
Virgin Mary Assumption Church
Virgin Mary Assumption Church 05
Virgin Mary Assumption Church
Virgin Mary Assumption Church 06
Virgin Mary Assumption Church
Virgin Mary Assumption Church 07
Virgin Mary Assumption Church
Virgin Mary Assumption Church 08
Virgin Mary Assumption Church
Virgin Mary Assumption Church 09